Moray Figure Skating Club takes your privacy seriously. We are a “controller” of the personal information that you provide to us and this privacy notice sets out how, why and for how long we will use your personal data, as well as who it is shared with. It also explains your legal rights as a data subject and how to exercise them.
What we need from you
When you register as a member of Moray Figure Skating Club or renew your membership (including if you are registering or renewing on behalf of a young person aged 16 or under), we may ask you for some or all of the following personal information:
- Contact details – eg. name, address, email address and phone number.
- Date of birth – to calculate membership category and eligibility for attending without an adult.
- Payment details – bank account number, sort code.
- Participation details – NISA membership number, school attended.
- Safety and emergency details – eg. Emergency contact information, relevant health conditions.
If you do not provide us with all of the personal information that we need this may affect our ability to offer you our membership services and benefits.
Why we need your personal information
We need to collect our members’ and customers’ personal information so that we can manage your relationship with us. We may use our members’ personal information to:
- Provide you with core member services, including confirmation of membership, end of year renewal.
- Organise club activities and manage risk and safety.
We also process our members’ personal information in pursuit of our legitimate interests to:
- Provide you with news and updates about the activity of the club, opportunities to get involved in club competitions, training, general meetings or other events.
- Raise awareness of the club’s activities by capturing photos, videos, or live streaming at events. We will use this for promotion, education and development purposes.
- Respond to and investigate your questions, comments, support needs, complaints, concerns or allegations.
We are under a legal obligation to process certain personal information relating to our members for the purposes of complying with:
- The Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007, which requires us to check that our coaches and volunteers are able to undertake regulated work with children and vulnerable adults.
- The Equality Act 2010, which requires us to process personal information to make reasonable adjustments where necessary.
Other uses of your personal information
We may ask you if we can process your personal information for other purposes. Where we do so, we will provide you with an additional privacy notice explaining how we will use your information for these purposes.
Who we share your personal information with
We may be required to share personal information with statutory or regulatory authorities to comply with statutory obligations. Such organisations include the Health & Safety Executive, Disclosure Scotland, and Police Scotland for the purposes of safeguarding children. We may also share personal information with professional and legal advisors for the purpose of obtaining advice.
Third party suppliers with access to members’ personal data
Moray Figure Skating Club may use third party suppliers to provide services. These suppliers may process personal data on our behalf as “processors” and are subject to contractual conditions to only process that personal information under our instructions and protect it.
In the event that we share personal information with external third parties, we only share such information strictly required for the specific purposes and take reasonable steps to ensure recipients shall only process the disclosed personal information in accordance with those purposes.
- Sage 50 Accounting provide our accounts package.
- Bank of Scotland process payment transactions securely on our behalf.
- Digital Routes Ltd host our website
- Instructors, coaches and event organisers receive details of training or competition participants.
How we protect your personal information
Your personal information is accessed by our Membership Secretary, Treasurer and Secretary only for the purposes set out above. It is stored by our club digitally on an encrypted laptop and individual files are password protected, and in paper form which is kept securely by the above-mentioned office bearers.
How long we keep your personal information
We only keep your personal information for as long as necessary to provide you with membership services. Unless you ask us not to, we will review and delete your personal information where you have not renewed your membership with us for one year.
You have a right to:
- Change your communication preferences or restrict the processing of your personal data for specific purposes.
- Request that we correct your personal data if you believe it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Access the personal data that we hold about you through a “subject access request”.
- Request that we delete your personal information.
You can contact us at email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are dissatisfied, you have a right to raise a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ico.org.uk